Tuesday, September 6, 2016

Tip Tuesday - Nail Prep (The Quick and Dirtay Version)

Tip Tuesday is a regular feature on DrChopSuey Jams where the occasional tutorial, tip n' tricks, and hand/nail care are presented. This week's Tip Tuesday is on nail prep. 

A proper nail application starts with proper nail prep! I have two methods of nail prep - depending on the amount of time I can devote to my nails. Of course the best nail prep is the longer of my two methods but if I am short on time (and who isn't,) I have a quick and easy prep method - I ensure I have clean dry hands/nails. 
Quick push of the cuticles and nail cleanser/isopropyl those babies for a quick prep!

Yep, that's it. Clean, dry, oil free nails beds are the first step to a successful Jamberry wrap application. Again, there is a longer nail prep method which actually works BEST for me (not going to lie, so I'll describe that method in a future post). And while I'm being honest, if I keep on my hand/nail maintenance routine (which I will also describe in future post) this quick prep method is actually VERY doable and works great for my Jamicures! 

Okay back to the task at hand... when I'm tight for time (as I usually am) I give just a quick push of my cuticles and make sure to remove all oils from my nails by washing my hands and nails with dish soap and then I use isopropyl alcohol to clean, disinfect and dry out my nails. 
Jamberry also has Nail Prep Cleanser which can be used after removing wraps or lacquer and will do the job of cleaning and prepping the nail for your next Jamicure! I have little packets of this stuff and it is super! 
Jamberry Nail Prep Cleanser
Do you have a question or a technique that you want answered/demonstrated? Let me know and I'll do my best to answer your questions! 

No comments:

Post a Comment