Tuesday, August 23, 2016

Climbing Jams: Post 2 - Nail Protection

This is the second of a series of posts on Climbing Jams! The first post presented Jammin' Climbing Proof (!); this post will start to focus on some of the benefits I've found with my Jams.

In addition to the nice Jamicure, I find that the Jams actually provide a number of additional benefits, one benefit is that the Jamberry nail wraps actually seem to give some protection to my nails. 
Seeexy!
No more splitting of nails since I've started using wraps!
In fact, they used to be called Jamberry Nail Shields! I find these suckers actually make my nails STRONGER and help keep my nails from bending back (ouch), snagging (ouch), and cracking (OUCH) to down to the nail bed - not just while climbing but anytime. 

Now this is NOT something that is promoted by the company. This is just something that I've started to observe while wearing the nail wraps and climbing. 

While climbing I find that I tend to scratch up my fingernails quite a bit, especially depending on the material being climbed - sort of like the image below:  
NOT my nails! An image of scraped up some random climber nails (citation: positivemed.com)


With Jamberry nail wraps I've found my nails do NOT get as beaten up on those uber crimpy climbs. While this isn't an official statement from Jamberry, I do think the wraps help from me scraping off the top layer of my nails while I climb. Which makes perfect sense as they serve as a kind of protective coating for your natural nails. 


So next time you take a fall like this and scrape your nails along that hold... at least you know the Jamberry nail wraps are protecting your nails! 

Until next time... Climb and Jam On! 

No comments:

Post a Comment